I started making this one about thirteen years ago! The top was done but I did not quilt it. It sat in a box until I took it out a couple of months ago. My daughter bought an aqua blue colored quilt for her bed. Since she has two twins in her room I decided to finish this one for the other bed. The light blues in both quilts are the same color. To make the quilt top a bit bigger I had to buy some more cloth for the borders. I could not get the exact colors but these are close enough. I used dark blue pearl cotton thread for quilting.

4 comments:
Thats beautiful!!!!I am so envious and in awe of you for making a such a lovely quilt I went to the mid-atlantic quilt show this weekend and loved every minute of it! Seeing all those 'art' quilts up-close, i admire the skill and patience you have to create it!
What a great job you did firstly for finishing it after 13 yrs and secondly for such a beautiful design
It looks wonderful! I'm sure you're glad to have it finished. :-)
nice...
Post a Comment